At Ngā Kākano Family Health Services, your health and the wellbeing of your whānau is our top priority.
Our GP service provides the highest standards of health care at an affordable price. This is reflected in our Cornerstone Accreditation awarded by the RNZCGP.
Enrolment is easy. It's free and benefits you and your whānau with cheaper visits and prescription charges. It’s also free for enrolled tamariki (children), aged 14 years and under, and enrolled Community Service Card Holders to see the doctor.
Ngā Kākano’s Health Information Privacy Statement is downloadable for your information.
OUR GP SERVICES
Services we can help you with:
• Medical and nursing consultations for any
• Total whānau care
• Assessment and treatment for minor
• Regular recall for breast examinations,
cervical smears, diabetes checks and
• Women’s and Men’s health
• Pregnancy tests and first trimester
• Contraceptive advice, sexually transmitted
disease screening and treatment
• 6 week newborn pepī check
• Feelings of depression and/or anxiety
• Smoking cessation support
• Insurance medical assessments
• Driver’s license medical.
Open 8.00am - 5.00pm Monday - Friday
Standard appointments are set for 15 minutes and are the basis for our fees. If you require an extended appointment that exceeds the standard time please lets us know, at time of booking.
You can book an appointment online (link to online booking) or by calling Ngā Kākano
on 07-573 0660
• We now have walk-in clinics on Monday–Friday 8am – 11am
• Our walk-in clinics provide an accident and urgent medical service on a “no” appointment
• Emergencies take priority, otherwise patients are seen by the duty doctor in the order
in which they arrive at the Medical Centre.
• Please allow 24-48 hours for repeat prescription requests.
• Repeat Prescriptions fee $5
• You will be required to see your doctor every 3-6 months
if requiring repeat medications.
After hours, please call our number 07 573 0600 and you will be diverted to the after-hours service
where a registered nurse will answer your call and give you free professional health advice, or:
• visit Life Pharmacy -61 Jellicoe Street open Saturdays 9am-1pm
• call Healthline free on 0800 611 116 for advice and information from a trusted registered nurse,
anytime, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, or
• go to Accident & Healthcare, 19 Second Ave, Tauranga ph 07 577 0010.
TAURANGA AVANIU GP CLINIC
Ngā Kākano provides a GP Clinic at AvaNiu Pasifika Health at 933 Cameron Road, Tauranga
Hours - Wednesday and Fridays from 8.30am – 12noon.
Book an appointment online or by calling Ngā Kākano on 07-573 0660
|Doctor consultation – Child0 – 14years||FREE|
|Doctor consultation – Child15 – 17 years||$12.00 / $10.00 withCSC|
|Doctor consultation – Adult18 years +||$18.00 / $15.50 withCSC/HUC|
|Doctor consultation – Seniorcitizens 65 years +||$15.00 / $10.00 withGold Card|
|Nurse consultation – Child 0– 14 years||FREE|
|Nurse consultation – Child 15– 17 years||$7.50 / $5.00 withCSC/HUC|
|Nurse consultation – Adult18 years +||$17.50 / $12.50 withCSC/HUC|
|AFFCO Meat Handlers||$25.00|
Accident Related Consultations – First consult surcharge
|Age Groups||Enrolled PatientsWithout CSC||Enrolled PatientsWith CSC|
|0 – 14 incl.||FREE||FREE|
|15 – 17 incl.||$10.00||FREE|
|18 & overincl.||$18.00||$15.00|
|65 & overincl.||FREE||FREE|
GENERAL FEE INFORMATION
Additional charges may apply for the first month of enrolment, for longer appointments or if special
equipment and/or materials are used. A full list of our current fees is displayed at the reception.
Nau mai, haere mai. We welcome all new patients. Being enrolled has many advantages:
• We send you reminders and recalls for important health management
• Pay less to see the doctor
• Pay less for prescriptions (for subsidized medicines prescribed by your doctor)
• Appointment bookings
You will need to bring in an original ID document (e.g. Drivers’ License, Birth Certificate, Passport) before or with your first visit.
ENROL ONLINE HERE.
Alternatively you can download the enrolment form, print and bring it in with you or pick up an enrolment form from reception.